I like companies / owners / executives that have and operating under tenets that the entire roster of personnel at a company understand and embrace. Of course, you won’t see the employees rallying around the mission if they don’t see executives “walking the walk” as well as “talking the talk”.
I saw this list today, for a European company. It’s a great place to start, if you need a platform for your corporation.
But if you choose to simplify what guides your company, choose to live by this one statement only: “I take the best care I can of the employees, and they take the best care they can of my business and customers.”
- I strive to Deliver Results for my Stakeholders: my Customers, my Shareholders and my Team
- I Expect the Utmost of myself and of others
- I am Responsible for my Well Being and for my Growth
- I am an Inspiration to others through Courage, Teamwork, and Philanthropy
- I Break Down Barriers and Create Opportunities
- I am Honest and Transparent
- I Present Solutions every time
- I Believe there are No Limits to my Future here and No Limits to what we can build together.
- I value others on their contribution and performance, I only want A players on my team.
- I Own the Outcome of my Stakeholder’s experience